4th of July fireworks cause fire at golf course

© 2018-Lake Powell Chronicle

No injuries reported.

Shortly after nine p.m. Wednesday night the Page Fire Dept. responded to the report of a brush fire on the Lake Powell national golf course. According to a report from the City of Page Fire Dept. the fire was caused due to sparks from the city’s Fourth of July fireworks display.

The flames were easily visible to fireworks watchers in the area.

Fire crews had the fire contained within minutes of their arrival and extinguished 31 minutes later.

While on scene an intoxicated individual approached Engine 10 and tried to interfere with their operations by making adjustments to the engineer control panel on the fire engine. The subject turned aggressive when he was asked to leave. Page Police officers removed the intoxicated subject from the area.

The fire dept. cleared the scene at 10:07 p.m.

 


Video News
More In Home